jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can someone shy away from the overbearing use of technology in our everyday

1. Kaniel Loughran profile image58
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

How can someone shy away from the overbearing use of technology in our everyday lives?

Can you stop using the Internet and digital technology and still be able to function in society efficiently and attain a job?

2. drHirudo profile image58
    drHirudoposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is very easy actually. We were almost digital less 20 years ago. But it was much harder as long as I remember it.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't use a cell phone even though it drives people crazy when they try to get ahold of me. i don't see a need for people to be able to get in touch with me all the time.

4. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

You would have to move to Amish country and live the simple life of farming and milking cows. The Amish connects with the world via others who do have the technology.

They don't own the car - but will ride in one.
    No phone in the house - but will use one.

5. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

You can try and leave all of your electronics at home and go out for the day. Try to connect with people the old fashion way and use flyers and mailings instead of facebook!

6. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

I simply set a goal to read more great works of fiction.  I've been enjoying it so much that I spend much less time in front of the TV, on the computer or my cell phone.  I feel like I am being enriched too!  Give it a try.

7. SamiGirl profile image56
    SamiGirlposted 6 years ago

I've found that the best way to do most things, this included, is to tell someone else you're doing it. Then, not only do you have yourself trying to keep you on track, but there's someone else reminding you of your goals as well. That along with setting limits for yourself should equal an improvement.

working