jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think that today's technology is make kids less intelligent?

1. mommyneal6 profile image77
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Do you think that today's technology is make kids less intelligent?

2. RedmanBrendan profile image60
    RedmanBrendanposted 6 years ago

I think it makes certain kids less intelligent. The ones that would have grown up to be losers/morons/etc anyways are going to get dumber because of technology. To me this is because technology interconnects the morons to a MUCH greater degree than ever before.
    It makes the intelligent people (at least motivated intelligent people) a hell of a lot smarter (in my opinion). For example, if I wanted to, I could pull up a page on multivariate calculus and learn it.
    Further, freedom of expression helps too!

3. tnvrstar profile image74
    tnvrstarposted 6 years ago

what? No, it's making them more intelligent. My little brother knows a lot of things about technology and world which i couldn't imagine at his age. It's because the technology he is dealing with.But there are some bad effects of technology as well. I am sure you know about those as well.

4. Dewey Digita profile image61
    Dewey Digitaposted 6 years ago

No, in todays complicated world the technology is just an aid to hasten every work or activities that we may have from time to time.

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

I do not think so ... Because, in the first Instance, Technologies are made by Humans ... and Kids are humans ...

If you are talking about Reckonings, in the old Sense ... In the head Reckonings ... those were the Mode of days, bygone ...

Kids now have to be Technologically Intelligent, to be able to "Direct" Technologies ...

6. mayemerald profile image58
    mayemeraldposted 6 years ago

it depends, i guess... our technology right now is very helpful to many children here and around the world. It help us to find answers in a simpler and better way (education). There are some kids who use it for studying and researching. But as what I've observed these days, many kids right now are addicted to many gadgets and has forgotten the things that they should prioritize first.

7. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Technology is not the factor affecting our children. It is the way we bring up our kids and guide them. Let them understand how they can use technology for the best result.

Technology is there to help people but of course using it the wrong way can be harmful. It is just like good or bad will depend on ourselves.

If we can help our kids to use technology to advance their knowledge and skill then it will be the best. Technology is just a tool so kid's intelligent will depend on how they make use of this tool.

8. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

i don't think less intelligent, but definately less creative!!!