How can I increase the battery life of my MacBook Air?

1. Camille Harris profile image
    Camille Harrisposted 6 years ago

How can I increase the battery life of my MacBook Air?

2. RedmanBrendan profile image61
    RedmanBrendanposted 6 years ago

Turning down the display brightness is the easiest thing you can do, and one of the most effective. Since it's an air it doesn't have an i series processor and lacks the ability to shut off unused cores hmm.
    The second thing you can do is going into the "power preferences" by clicking on the battery icon on the top right. If the option is available keep "automatic graphic switching" on. this will automatically switch between the video card and integrated video (the integrated drains MUCH less power) based upon context.
    The third thing is to put the settings in "power options" into "power saving," but I wouldn't always have it there...it does slow things down a bit.

3. profile image45
    Liluyebelleposted 6 years ago

I agree with RedmanBrendan regarding display and power settings.  Another thing that will prolong your battery is shutting down unused programs.

Take a close look at the background programs running on your computer such as chat programs, Realplayer, RCA, NERO, etc.  I make it a point to block these programs from starting up when I start my computer.  They only come on when I need them.

working