Do you recommend baby monitors? if so which one?

1. Anna Evanswood profile image76
    Anna Evanswoodposted 6 years ago

Do you recommend baby monitors? if so which one?

2. crankalicious profile image93
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

We just got a summer video monitor. It is awesome. We love it. The ability to see the little one really helps us determine whether we need to intervene or not and I would say we intervene a lot less because of it.

3. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

We also have a summer infant day and night video monitor.It was a gift from a brother in law and perhaps one of the best baby gifts we recieved. It has an 5 inch screen & infrared camera allowing for a clear picture even in complete darkness.It also has sound but also lights which light up in response to sound meaning you can have the sound turned down low if the humming bothers you but will still notice if sounds are being made.

I agree with crankalicious that it's great to be able to keep an eye on the little ones and when they're really young it means you disturb them much less than if you were to be continually going into check them directly (as is the temptation as a new parent).Some people say having a video feed means you'll be continually distracted but i disagree we found it great to be able to glance over to check on them and be alerted  to any noises etc.Obviously you'd check them directly also but it really reduces the tendency to over do this.I'm sure there are other similar and perhaps better monitors as it wasn't top of the range or anything but did exactly what it was meant to do.I'd highly recommend having a baby monitor and would definately go for one that has video and infra-red - ares didn't but you can get ones that come with snazzy little flat screen monitors nowadays (bit more expensive though).