jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think the internet is a large or small space?

1. D. S. profile image58
    D. S.posted 6 years ago

Do you think the internet is a large or small space?

do you have any experience of someone recognizing you from a website in real life? does this ever scare you and makes you not want to have a picture up? is that why you personaly don't put a picture of yourself up? what do you think?

2. MOEFLATS profile image72
    MOEFLATSposted 6 years ago

I think that it is a very HUGE place and the last hope for free speech.  Lawmakers are proposing a bill that will allow the government to have more control over the net.  They've already got their hands on the mainstream media and are now hoping to limit free expression on the web. 
         If we do nothing about this, we will all be sealed in with no access to any REAL information.  Check out the IP  Act, which would make the internet a TOOL for government propaganda.  It essentially would become an illusion, rather than an information network.  Please help us maintain internet freedom - visit Demand Progress for more information.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

The question of the size of the Internet is a difficult question to answer exactly. And there are not that many great data out there. It also depends on what you define as the Internet. Do you mean the number of host names? Do you mean the number of... read more

4. whoisbid profile image73
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

MOEFLATS is right and I would like to add to what he said. Search Engines are doing something very wrong. The internet is  supposed to be huge but they are making it smaller for everyone. I wrote about this on my website. Do a google search for "What is IP delivery" and find the whoisbid site and I explain it in more detail.
    There are lots of people blocked from each other all over the world right now. The internet was not initially designed to be this way and especially the WWW.. which stands for "world wide" but unfortunately it is being destroyed day by day. Most people don't know this because they don't investigate. If you are doing something international you might be aware of it. You have find ways to fight it if you are concerned.

working