jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When you write a blog post, on average, how many words is it?

1. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 6 years ago

When you write a blog post, on average, how many words is it?

Does the length of the post matter? Or does it all depend on the topic?

Thx!

2. Sapphireid profile image67
    Sapphireidposted 6 years ago

Hi AllieRambles,

Cute name! The length of a post does matter in some instances. As in, when being a contributing writer, for example. Additionally, when writing a blog post, try to write a good amount of material. It's not good to start out limiting what one writes, as it will be easy to leave out something meaty.

Hope my answer helps,

Sapphireid

3. CZCZCZ profile image86
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

I usually have a target of 500+ words for most articles as that generally means I have spent time thinking out the subject and way of presenting the information.  350 words is usually my minimum for post unless it is something very short to share on one of my blogs.

4. coolamit477 profile image58
    coolamit477posted 6 years ago

Words in the post are depends on which type of blog you have made.Like network tricks(airtel gprs) this type of site contain very few words for post.In case of educational blog require large number of words.All are depends on the matter.Only ours moto to understand the post by the visitor.If your post doesn't contain the essential thing then visitor doesn't interest on your post.And if your post is too lengthy then also people feel bored and they leaved the post unread.So always use that much words in the post which is essential or easy understand by the visitor.

5. sanathara profile image59
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

It depends upon the matter of the writing.But I try to keep minimum 450 words for a post.

6. atulhost profile image59
    atulhostposted 6 years ago

The reader should understand the information you are providing in that particular post, so it depends upon how much words does it require to explain it. IMO A blog post looks good with a length of 225 to 275 words.

7. WebsiteRockstars profile image58
    WebsiteRockstarsposted 6 years ago

I try to do at least 250-300 words.  It does depend on the topic, but generally a longer post will give you more keyword points and looks more credible to Google.  But you need to strike a balance.

8. Dr Kavita Shaikh profile image60
    Dr Kavita Shaikhposted 6 years ago

The usual rule is 250-300 words for blogs and 500--1000 words for an article. But I have found that limiting myself to word count can often mar the quality of the blog post. If I need 1000 words to do complete justice to the topic I am discussing in my blog, so be it.

But to answer your question, I generally use betwen 600-800 words on an average. Hope this helps! Thanks.

working