jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How often do you publish a hub and how many words does it have on average?

1. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

How often do you publish a hub and how many words does it have on average?

Do you have any reason for publishing with this frequency and do you use any other tricks related to publishing. For example I've read once that people sometimes create a hub but wait for few days before publishing what makes the hub score higher.

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I usually publish at least 2 hubs a week.  Sometimes I publish as many as 5 a week.  I never publish more than 1 hub on the same day anymore though.  I learned that it dropped the hub score when I did that.  Instead, even if I write 3 hubs in one day, I will publish one, but save the other 2.  I usually publish the one with the highest score. 

I am really not sure what the average amount of words are for my hubs.  I always aim for at least 500 words.  I would say most of my hubs are more around 600 - 700 words, but I am not sure.

3. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I have been publishing about every 5 days. They have been around 1600 words.  Mine seems to be when I have the inspiration. I did publish 2 in one day once.  Some publish every day but they usually are the ones who are trying to make a living at it. It would depend on whether you feel the urge to write and if you are trying to make a living at it.
    I have heard of waiting for a couple of days and tried it once. It did start out higher than normal but ended up about the same. I usually am so excited to get reactions that I don't wait.

4. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I have been averaging 3 hubs a week.  I believe the average word count is somewhere around 1200 - 1500 words.  I don't know how they get scored or if you should wait or not.  I publish them as soon as I write them.

working