jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it unprofessional to add coworkers on social networks like twitter or faceboo

1. Captainausume profile image60
    Captainausumeposted 6 years ago

Is it unprofessional to add coworkers on social networks like twitter or facebook?

We go out and get drinks or coffee with co workers all the time. But when you see a friend request on your social network or choice, is that too far?

2. Ebower profile image83
    Ebowerposted 6 years ago

I think it doesn't matter as much if you are becoming friends with your coworkers on facebook.  It might be more awkward and unprofessional if your boss is asking you to be your friend on facebook or other social networks.  Also, I'm sure your boss wouldn't want you to be talking with your coworkers online on these sites while you are at work.  Other then that, I think no harm is done.

3. tamarindcandy profile image58
    tamarindcandyposted 6 years ago

Depends on the coworker, but if you want to keep things professional I'd say LinkedIn is a better choice.

4. atulhost profile image57
    atulhostposted 6 years ago

If you are using that particular account as professional one then yes you are not expected to use it for your personal use. For that you should create your own personal account and use it from outside of your working place.

5. glassvisage profile image91
    glassvisageposted 6 years ago

I have "friended" my immediate colleagues, who are on my level and whom I work with most closely. I am not "friends" with my supervisors and managers. This seems to be the pattern with my co-workers as well.

6. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

I would accept them if you go out for drinks with them, as long as it's kept on a social basis and it does not interfere with work.  Definitely would not accept a friend request from a direct boss, but that's just me.

working