Do you want to integrate HubPages with your Wordpress blog?

1. epearson profile image59
    epearsonposted 6 years ago

Do you want to integrate HubPages with your Wordpress blog?

If so, I created a plugin for this.  I would love for you to try out.  More details can be found at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/hubpages-widget/.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks!

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

WOW!  Very interesting.  At some point I might do wordpress - but I will not write on any site without there being something in it for me, and if I understand correctly - you have to buy into wordpress in order to run adverts, is that correct?

3. epearson profile image59
    epearsonposted 6 years ago

Hi Wes,

You can have WordPress.com host your blog, or you can host it yourself like I do.  A blog hosted at WordPress.com is a free blog and you cannot run plugins there.

The WordPress blogging platform is free to use and you can install it anywhere.  All you need is a domain and a machine to host it on.

As far as what's in it for you, every time an ad is shown on HubPages, you are sharing the traffic with HubPages.  For my personally hosted blog, I get all the traffic.  I don't share it with anyone.  My blog is small, I get around 1000 unique visitors a month and I get a modest amount of money for the ad traffic there.  If you have anymore questions about self hosting or WordPress please let me know.

working