jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Greg, What do you think is the average amount of years a flat screen LCD televi

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Greg,  What do you think is the average amount of years a flat screen LCD television should last?

2. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

Typically i believe the average time span of the Liquid Crystal Diodes are around 60,000 hours so if you watch say at a high of 5 hours per day, you're looking at 12,000 days or 32 years haha, but that's just the LCD part.  The main resource in an LCD tv is actually the light source behind it, which can last quite long but depends on the conditions, I'd say typically you can expect an LCD Tv to last 6-8 years, but I know that the new LED technology is supposed to be superior and last longer, also it will bring more vivid colors to the screen and will overall be a better TV, but always depends on the price range obviously.

3. bushmangreg profile image60
    bushmangregposted 6 years ago

For both LCD and Plasma televisions, it is not so much the amount of time as it is the amount of use.  Generally, for any tv set, the average life is about seven years.

It depends on how much you use your television.  Other factors have an impact on the lifespan of a television as a whole.  Such factors as if the T.V. is placed near a heat source, such as a furnace,heater, vent or fireplace;  If the T.V. is inside of a cabinet where it gets hotter, it can have a shorter lifespan than a T.V. that sits stand alone where air can circulate around it.  Heat is the number one enemy of electronics.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

On an average, it should be able to last for 5 years.

That is what comes with the extended warranty coverage. Normally, it should be within the coverage.

It is the same with the computer LCD monitor with average life span of  4 - 5 years.