jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What is the average amount of time it takes you to write a hub?

1. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

What is the average amount of time it takes you to write a hub?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

It depends on the nature of the Hub, since I write a variety of types:  Western short stories (which often take the longest), political pieces (the shortest), How To tutorials (variable), and more.

Generally speaking however:  Two to six hours would cover all but the odd anomaly here and there.

And you?

3. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Since I write mostly about nature therapies, it takes me 3 to 5 hours to write a hub complete with all the capsules. This is seperate from the time taken for research which may take from a few hours to half a day.

4. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

For me, it is at least one hour, and many times it takes 30 to 60 minutes to rewrite it.

5. iAnimesh profile image54
    iAnimeshposted 6 years ago

It depends upon the type and length of your hub but an average hub takes about 45 minutes to write.....

6. Beth Pipe profile image84
    Beth Pipeposted 6 years ago

Interesting questions.  Usually around 2 hours.  My weakness is attention to detail so I'm always having to re-read them to find typos...

7. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

It is taking me an average of 4 hours per hub.

8. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Some hubs have taken me days to write while other hubs such as recipe hubs only take me about 20 -30 minutes to complete.

9. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

It usually takes me about an hour to write a hub, but another hour formatting it to look good, adding links, adding photos, adding Amazon ads, etc.  Then I probably spend about 30 minutes to another hour promoting the hub in some way.

10. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Because I try to focus on 'evergreen' topics I do a lot of research for both content and photographs, so it can take me as much as 3-4 weeks some times. However, if I write a hub - that I call a rant hub - then I can usually get the first draft done within a day or so. I leave it at least 24 hours and then go back and proofread.

11. Angel709 profile image59
    Angel709posted 6 years ago

As all have stated, it varies, however, I have a goal to start using a format and outline so the writing content takes less time. Once I do this, I hope the average can be reduced to an hour (minus research for those that need more facts, info, etc)

12. vox vocis profile image83
    vox vocisposted 6 years ago

In my case, writing a hub takes a couple of hours, but research takes longer. This depends on the topic, of course.

13. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I tend not to write a hub in one sitting.  I start it one day, and over the next day or two, I add things, and edit, etc.  so it is really hard for me to say.

It takes time to add the photos, the capsules, etc., and edit it.
    Plus, even after I publish, I tend to go back and think of things to add.

I find that I am getting faster with practice - I make decisions faster, and generally know what look I prefer on a hub.

I would guess two to four hours as well.  I had read some other hubbers take twenty minutes, and thought I was way slow, but from reading the answers here, I guess I am about average.

14. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

It would depends. Between 30 - 50 minutes on average. Sometime I would purposely keep it for sometime before publishing if I would need to add additional information etc.

15. boby325 profile image46
    boby325posted 6 years ago

Generally it takes an hour to complete a hub but sometimes it takes a day too. smile It depends on the subject and the availablity of information on the topic.

working