jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are lots of pictures on a blog a good thing or bad thing? PLEASE HELP!

1. Chupp22 profile image79
    Chupp22posted 6 years ago

Are lots of pictures on a blog a good thing or bad thing? PLEASE HELP!

I am a blogger, and Have been blogging for a while my question is: Are lots of pictures on a blog a good thing or bad thing? I love to blog but most bloggers don't use pictures, please help me out by actually critiquing my blog: ChrissNormalLife.blogspot.com. You look at Newspapers and they rarely use pictures because of space but on a blog its unlimited. Please tell me your thoughts, and ask other to do it as well. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

2. pedrog profile image62
    pedrogposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is a very good idea to use at least one image in every post.

Always use relevant keywords in your images name, and separate this keywords with - , example: keyword1-keyword2-keyword3.jpg

As you use blogger you might find this useful:

Immediately below end head tag insert this piece of code:

This will prevent your articles to be opened in frames, as when someone searches for images on google and select an image on your blog they will immediately land on your article, it is another source of traffic for you.

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Well, let me put it to you this way. If you are writing about the visual and performing arts,  images is essential. and you want lots of them If you write on books, images of the book or author would be helpful. I cannot think of any topic where it wouldn't be helpful to use an occasional image to break up the text. Text only on a page is boring.

4. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Number does not matter, it must support you content. Irrelevant pictures must not be there, because it can not increase viewers, even make your writing useless.

5. atulhost profile image59
    atulhostposted 6 years ago

If they are not affecting the pageload speed of your blog then there is no problem with it.