What is a theme and how do I use it?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image92
    Les Trois Chenesposted 6 years ago

What is a theme and how do I use it?

Many thanks for answering my question. The thing is I seem to be semi-illiterate when it comes to these things. Friend told be about themes but they seemed to involve having pictures of woods etc I have as much idea as to how to get a theme onto my web site as I have of getting the slide show. Î need a step-by-step type illustrated hub with arrows saying "click here" etc by a HubPage educationalist not a computer technician.

2. instantlyfamily profile image81
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

A theme is a broad idea, message, or moral of a story. The message may be about life, society, or human nature. Themes often explore timeless and universal ideas and are almost always implied rather than stated explicitly. Along with plot, character, setting, and style, theme is considered one of the fundamental components of fiction.[1] Another approach to literature stresses that idea, message, and moral are abstractions and that fiction makes the idea concrete through action. In this view many themes exist in any given story but that what gives a story unity is one action of the human condition that is rendered through the various actions of the characters in the story.