What is your opinion on the Motorola Backflip with Motoblur????

1. iloveglee83 profile image60
    iloveglee83posted 6 years ago

What is your opinion on the Motorola Backflip with Motoblur????

2. Watcher07 profile image59
    Watcher07posted 6 years ago

Looking at the specs it looks like the android version on it is 2.1 which is eclair, in all reality the lowest version you should actually want to use to get the most out of would be a minimum of 2.2 froyo.  Are you looking at purchasing one of these, cause frankly it is a bit outdated.  Also, what kind of smart phone user are you (new to smart phones, hardcore user, or just making phone calls and checking email?)

I say you want 2.2 at a minimum because 2.2 became an unofficial standard in the android market.  Most devices with 2.2 on them can run the majority of apps, but unfortunately there are quite a few of the newer and more useful apps that simply won't work with 2.1, so if you're looking for an android phone to play around with apps, it would be worth it to get one with 2.2 or preferably 2.3 gingerbread.

To give you a little more info as well, only 11% of all active android devices are running 2.1.  45.3% are running 2.2, and 38.7% are running 2.3 so you would essentially be shooting yourself in the foot for phone feature upgrades and functions.

3. iloveglee83 profile image60
    iloveglee83posted 6 years ago

@watcher07 I liked it for the features, I dont really use the android market or internet I would say I use those on my phone 5% of the time so that doesnt matter much to me, I mainly use my phone for texting, phone calls, and facebook (yes I know that is a form of internet but thats about the only form I use) I have had android phones in the past, I had the mytouch 3G, the Samsung Galxey S, they were okay phones. I just need a change and I guess I dont mind downgrading as long as the phone has some of the features I am looking for and I must have a keyboard, I don't care much for touch screen texting, which is one of the reasons I got rid of my mytouch 3G. I guess that would be the best explaination on what i use the phone for so you can probably determine the type of smart phone user I am. I have looked at other phones that were not smart phones and honestly just hold those now makes me feel like I am holding a cheap piece of plastic, it doesnt seem like they are built as well as the smart phones are LOL.

working