jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many gigabytes do you think your brain holds at this very moment?

1. StaceytheWanderer profile image75
    StaceytheWandererposted 6 years ago

How many gigabytes do you think your brain holds at this very moment?

I asked my friends this and they told me unlimited. But I wanted to know how much they thought it held at that moment, not over a lifetime. Thoughts?

2. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

100 GB. Although I really don't know. Taking into consideration how much space things on my computer take up (like documents and pictures), I think 100 GB is close. I am 20.

3. doodlebugs profile image83
    doodlebugsposted 6 years ago

It wold have to be many, many terabytes, or whatever comes after that. We only use a small portion of our minds so there is a lot of potential for learning in all of us.

4. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

agree with doodle bugs ... more than terabytes of information.

5. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Probably at least a hexabyte. Think of all the songs you know, all the people you remember, all the experiences you remember, all the skills you have learned, plus all of your perceptions that become embedded on you brain(taste, touch, smell, sight, hearing). That's a ton of information. I would even say a few hexabytes now that I think about it.

6. Dumbledore profile image82
    Dumbledoreposted 6 years ago

The term probably does not relate to the storage of information in the brain, since the terms byte, kilobyte, megabyte,gigabyte, terabyte, etc., refer to the manner in which information is stored in electronic digital computers.  The brain stores and processes information through a combination of electrical and chemical processes and is much more dynamic and transformational than an electronic digital computer.

working