jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can Google Build An Alternative To Facebook?

1. stuartmacfarlane profile image59
    stuartmacfarlaneposted 6 years ago

Can Google Build An Alternative To Facebook?

Google has been trying to make an alternative to facebook for years. Orkut was its solution, But it failed globally. Do you still think that Google could make an alternative to facebook?

2. a2z-seo-backlinks profile image61
    a2z-seo-backlinksposted 6 years ago

Welcome to the hubpages...Stuartmacfarlane.
    Google has launched its new project social networking website, Google+.

To beat facebook in the social networking platform google has to work hard for quiet a long time.

Facebook can add many new features with the database that they are having. The only application that they are lagging behind is the google hangout and facebook has already announced that they are coming up with the same feature in the near future.

Let us wait and see the battle between the two giants. As the competition increases we as the user is going to get benefit as new features in both the social networking sites...have nice day and nice to meet you

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Google+ is the 'alternative Facebook', although I doubt it'll beat Facebook in the long run. Facebook is, and for my generation, will always be the social communication website. Google+ is Twitter, optional if anything.

4. kripkrip420 profile image62
    kripkrip420posted 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure they already have. It's called Google+. If, by your question you mean will Google+ be able to compete with Facebook, that is a whole other story. Whether it will be a strong competitor or not depends on a few things. Are people willing to switch from Facebook to Google+ and start all over again? What does Google+ offer that Facebook does not? Google may have more advantages being that it is a superpower search engine and can advertise anywhere it sees fit. However, people are loyal to Facebook. Facebook has also partnered with Skype to offer face to face video calling with friends. Only time will tell.

5. mr-burns profile image59
    mr-burnsposted 6 years ago

Google+ is an alternative but it tries to do things completely differently. It doesn't seem to be beating Facebook yet though