Which Social Network will be King in 2012? Google+ or Facebook

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (25 posts)
  1. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

Which Social Network will be King in 2012?  Google+ or Facebook

Who do you think is going to win the social networking wars between Facebook & Google+ in 2012, and beyond &  Which one do you like most, Explain why?

2. ramkimeena profile image56
    ramkimeenaposted 12 years ago

Google with its high technology will score over Facebook but not in 2012. It will take time - say two to five years to overtake the Facebook.

3. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 12 years ago

the pace of technology appears to be so fast that the top social media platform could be someone new like the pinterest platform.  if I were to pick from the current leaders I'd say Facebook would keep their lead.

4. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 12 years ago

Facebook will be #1 until someone comes up with something equal, but improved.  Google+ is horrible, not ergonomic, not user-friendly, and nothing like Facebook for social networking.

5. profile image0
    kate-olsonposted 12 years ago

People are creatures of habit. Facebook definitely has the head start. It would take Facebook making some big mistakes for them to lose their users.

I like Facebook's new Timeline. It's beautiful. Google+ just isn't anything special yet.

I think Facebook will prevail, but who knows? Only time can tell.

6. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 12 years ago

I think Facebook will stay on top, it will take a lot for another social network to over take them now. And i certainly dont think it would be Google+ anyway, i dont see it as anything special and practicaly everyone i speak to knows nothing about it.

7. Shuting Star profile image60
    Shuting Starposted 12 years ago

To Me,Google+ will take the lead in 2012.Google + has managed to hit 10 million users in just 16 days whereas it took around one and half year approximately for other social giants such as Facebook and twitter to reach this mark.
    Facebook is also becoming a marketing place and much more complex now so there will be less difference between it and Google + but the future belongs to Google +.

8. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 12 years ago

I think that facebook will continue to be dominant over google plus unless they keep making more stupid changes that are unnecessary and confusing.

9. nanetteparker profile image61
    nanetteparkerposted 12 years ago

in my opinion, facebook will still be the king of social network in 2012..

10. craftybegonia profile image60
    craftybegoniaposted 12 years ago

Because of numbers of current subscribers and clout online, many say Facebook. Let's see what happens as more people discover Google+. Perhaps it all depends on how many inducements and apps Google+ is willing to offer.  . .

11. hildred profile image73
    hildredposted 12 years ago

When Google+ was released I wouldn't have been able to say, but now I think it will still be Facebook. Many of my Facebook friends  were excited to try out google+, but the fad lasted about a month before I noticed nobody posted anything on google+ anymore. They all went back to Facebook because nobody was using google+.

12. HyperstaticWolf profile image61
    HyperstaticWolfposted 12 years ago

I have only heard a few things about Google+, but from what I know about Google, my personal opinion is that...I don't like most of their designs. I mean, the search engine is magnificent! But I can't stand the email. I don't think Google+ will ever be on top, it's not that popular, definitely not popular enough to get larger than Facebook in less than a year. It needs to gain lots of positive recognition.
    Facebook will probably stay on top. Unless someone comes out with something fabulous, and much better than Facebook. Remember when Myspace was the "big thing"? well, now it's Facebook, we don't know how much longer it'll stay on top, but I'm pretty sure Google+ doesn't have the odds to be on top..this year at least, or maybe ever.
    But keep in mind that also it needs a catchy name. Think about it, 'Facebook', that's catchy, right? It actually is pretty unusual but catchy. Now compare it to 'Google+'(Google plus), that's not too catchy. Think about big websites, like 'Twitter', 'Youtube', 'Yahoo', or even 'Myspace'. They're pretty catchy. I'm not saying that Google isn't a catchy name, believe me it is, but Google+ is pretty much the same name as the search engine..Just with a "+".
    To conclude, I believe that Facebook has the bigger chances of staying on top. While Google has to make it's way to the top.

13. amy1oowho profile image59
    amy1oowhoposted 12 years ago

Facebook. I have been utterly unimpressed with Google+ so far, and so has everyone I know...except for the 10 or so people out of about 700 that think that Google+ is the end all of social networking sites and can't wait for the rest of use lame-os to abandon Facebook...yeah right.

14. CZCZCZ profile image89
    CZCZCZposted 12 years ago

I believe this will continue to be a year of Facebook.  With the impending IPO and the press that will be around that they will surely have a new spotlight placed on the company however they are still the dominate social network and it is there to loose in terms of Market share to Google. I'm not sure Google will have that many unique things to truly pull away enough users from Facebook at least within 2012.

15. khemban profile image59
    khembanposted 12 years ago

facebook would on first cos its familiar with all th epoeple over the world and g+ is just a new concept and it it will take still this year to compete to facebook.   so its facebook...

16. GoldenBird profile image57
    GoldenBirdposted 12 years ago

Google+ will never rise into full being- it's a flawed idea at its best. Facebook will run, because the idea it pursues has social validity and need, which is friendship.

17. profile image0
    James Agbogunposted 12 years ago

Facebook will still rule over 2012, though Google+ is going to making a lot of attraction.

18. rtaflooring profile image58
    rtaflooringposted 12 years ago

Google+ have to wait for compete strongly with Facebook. I think Facebook would be on top till next 2015...because in G+ there is no enough people and application like FB..

19. sprobin profile image57
    sprobinposted 12 years ago

i think Facebook will be king of 2012..

20. profile image31
    pojamehtaposted 12 years ago

i think this year Google plus will be in #1 because in one  month it had so many users http://deluxepages.blogspot.com/p/downl … games.html

21. profile image57
    Timberlineposted 12 years ago

I think Facebook will be because its more personal. It seems everyone thats uses Facebook has their entire family and friends on it with them. I've even seen entire neighborhoods posting their neighborhood get togethers on Facebook.

Facebook has become extremely popular and a mainstay with most people on the Internet today.

Timberline.

22. DudleyK profile image58
    DudleyKposted 12 years ago

Facebook will continue to be king for now but Google+ has and will continue to take more of the tech literate crowd.
    I think the two will actually diverge with Facebook continuing to be the family, friends social network and Google+ being better for tech news, photography, music, editorial comments, etc...
    I like Facebook to keep up/catch up with family and friends and I like G+ because I learn more.
    Maybe both will be kings of different aspects of Social Media.

23. paoloumali profile image61
    paoloumaliposted 12 years ago

They will both decline. We need something new which is leaning more on productivity similar to freelance sites.

24. Capedium profile image71
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

Face book is as social as you get.
    Without doubt, I believe facebook is going to win

25. profile image53
    JoyceDamienposted 12 years ago

FACEBOOK! Definitely Facebook.
    Do you agree? Google+ is just starting. Facebook knows all the tricks. Facebook will definitely be the King in 2012

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)