jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to change to default color setting on my computer. I hope someone can help m

1. homesteadbound profile image89
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

How to change to default color setting on my computer. I hope someone can help me.

I wish I could tell you exactly what my computer said when a window popped up but I accidentally clicked the wrong response. It said something along the lines of the color scheme was slowing down my system and if I changed to the default color scheme (I think it said windows explorer - not sure) that my system would speed up. I was going to change it, but my finger hit the button before I moved to the response I wanted and I told it to leave it like it is and don't ask me again. How can I change to the default?

2. wannabwestern profile image86
    wannabwesternposted 6 years ago

Sometimes older computers don't have the ability to run programs and do a lot of fancy stuff with the display settings at the same time. If you have a friend who is handy with computers, you might be able to order some memory from an online retailer that will significantly increase your computer's performance for around $20. It may be that you are keeping several computer programs open at the same time. In the meantime, you can change those default settings in two ways: depending on what version of Windows you are running, you can usually right-click on the background of your desktop, then select display settings and follow the menus till you find the Windows default setting. In newer versions of windows you can also go to the Start menu, then Control Panel, and then to Display. Select the Change Color Scheme option and one of those should be the Windows Default.

3. Snurre profile image73
    Snurreposted 6 years ago

Hi,

you can change your color options by right-clicking on an empty space on your desktop, select display settings, and select the settings you like best. If you are on Windows 7, right-click on your desktop, click on Personalize. Now you can select a less resource-hungry theme, such as Windows 7 Basic or Windows Classic.

4. homesteadbound profile image89
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

wannabwestern - computer is a few months old, but thanks.

Snurre - I think that was the answer. Thanks.

5. simonsez profile image68
    simonsezposted 6 years ago

Did you get the answer to your question, homesteadbound?  What version of Windows are you running?  Windows XP, Windows 7?  If you right click on "My Computer" icon, it will tell you which version. Each one works slightly different when changing the color setting (display).

working