jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What could be the biggest invention of the next 100 years?

1. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

What could be the biggest invention of the next 100 years?

2. Goonoo Munawwar profile image60
    Goonoo Munawwarposted 6 years ago

Communication Devices of course!
    Today, the mobile phone we are using, will become more sophisticated and new features will be added!
    I hope I answered your question!

3. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

What's interesting to me is that the computer and the cell phone are now becoming one-and-the-same. Think on it: They each are now capable of the same features; the computer has become a pad and phones are handheld computers. They've become the same thing only from opposite ends of technology. It will be interesting to see what the next great thing about a computer in-general will be. Might it have significant artificial intelligence properties? You know, what more? What's does the frontier for the computer look like? It's very fascinating.

4. Porshadoxus profile image75
    Porshadoxusposted 6 years ago

While the printing press and microchip have dominated the 'big invention' category in the past, I think the next big one will also directly involve information as those two have. Some sort of organic data storage system to hold multiple terrabytes of data is likely.
    Deep down, I'm hoping that some kind of interstellar transit technology will be developed, allowing humanity to explore and perhaps colonize other star systems. I know this sounds quite sci-fi, but much of the tech we are familiar with today began in the pages of the sci-fi stories of the past.

5. Island Hopper profile image59
    Island Hopperposted 6 years ago

Inexpensive cancer detection and video games that are halographic and life-like.

6. wandererh profile image75
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

A hundred years is a long time and it's practically impossible to imagine the new inventions of this millennium.  Imagine what life was like in 1912, and think of how things have changed for us here in 2012.  A person in 1912 would not have been able to predict the inventions that will come as, in many cases, even the ideas, concepts and words have not been invented yet.

But, if I were to venture a guess, I would say that the invention of AGI or artificial general intelligence that is as smart as we are would be the biggest invention of the next 100 years.

working