jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I want to build my blog using joomla...would you advice me otherwise or is jooml

1. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

I want to build my blog using joomla...would you advice me otherwise or is joomla ok for blogging?

We all have our preferences when it comes to CMSes and mine is Joomla. Do you think its a good blogging platform? I have never used it for a blog. Do you know anyone who uses joomla for blogging?

2. lzlpio90 profile image82
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

joomla is ok for blogging.But, if i were you, i will use wordpress instead as it has lots of plug-ins and extensions for blogging than in joomla...

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

I will vote for Wordpress rather than Joomal or Drupal, especially for single person maintenance blog sites. And also to start small and grow big.

Joomla is meant for massive websites (if I am not wrong) with multiple teams maintaining different sections.

I strongly advise for Wordpress.

4. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 6 years ago

If you want to be able to make it your own, meaning do what ever you like with your blog, sell, advertise, write would you like etc, then definitely go with wp.org.  Host your blog, it's pretty cheap these days.  To do a lot of this you will need plugins (like lzlio90 said) that are only available to Wordpress blogs.

Good luck with your blog. :-)

5. bernard.sinai profile image83
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

I used Joomla to build my department’s website (http://www.ohe.gov.pg). The front page uses the blogging option in Joomla and allows my articles to be posted in linear order. However, I would recommend WordPress as it is designed specifically as a blogging platform. This makes it easier to configure and use for blogs.