Is cancelling my cable worth it if I plan on purchasing a Roku?

1. aemillervb profile image61
    aemillervbposted 6 years ago

Is cancelling my cable worth it if I plan on purchasing a Roku?

I have been looking into the Roku Box in order to get rid of my highly expensive cable bill.  I want to save some money!

2. mattforte profile image91
    mattforteposted 6 years ago

Yes. You will miss out on a lot, but if television isn't central to your life, and you can enjoy the same quality of life with what those services have to offer - then it's totally worth it.

3. smohr profile image60
    smohrposted 6 years ago

My wife and I dropped Dish Network about 6 months ago, we don't have a Roku but I have used our PC and set up XBMC as our source of entertainment. I know the Roku box has over 300 channels, most are premium and others are ones that are ones that I wouldn't bother with. but if you have a PC you can hook up to your TV then I would suggest installing XBMC it has tons of plugins that stream shows from ABC, CBS, TNT, History, Nat Geography, Spike and most every other network there is. All this legal and free! I don't regret this move at all because we have saved hundreds by doing this, the only thing I don't like is have live channels...plus, I have converted all of our DVDs (which we have tons) and put them all on the PC to watch without popping in the disc it displays the movie info and artwork very nicely! So that is an options for you if you choose to drop cable. If you need help setting it up I can give you some help on that.

working