jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hello - I'm running Windows XP Home version on a desk top and have just bought a

1. profile image47
    BhrsJohnposted 6 years ago

Hello - I'm running Windows XP Home version on a desk top and have just bought a Kindle.

I have a wireless router that is not connected as I use it to connect to the web via ethernet cable. How do I re-establish wireless connection as well as ethernet from same router in order to download books onto my Kindle?.

2. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

You can transfer the e-books from your computer to your Kindle using the mini-USB cable.

3. simonsez profile image68
    simonsezposted 6 years ago

I agree with Daisy's answer - I just bought a Kindle as well, and am running the WIN XP at home.  The mini USB cable must be bought separately to fit into your Kindle.

4. profile image47
    BhrsJohnposted 6 years ago

I re-installed the wireless connection via my original Netgear disc and it works ! - Now I can run a wireless connection as well as an ethernet cable fed connection. Why I should want to do that instead of understanding that all I really needed to do was download books via the supplied cable to the Kindle escapes me.Was it fate ? was it Kismet ? ......How about stupidity? -

Thanks to those who bothered to answer. Happy New Year!

Ben

working