jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you rely on social networks for you news?

1. i_am_monk profile image61
    i_am_monkposted 6 years ago

Do you rely on social networks for you news?

Do you use Facebook, twitter or google+ for your news instead of the conventional news papers and the news channel.

2. ringlawncare profile image62
    ringlawncareposted 6 years ago

NO! There have been times though I read the news before the actual evening news told me it was true.
    One time we had a serious car accident on a highway by my home & Facebook friends were quick to respond with the info.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

No, I read online news websites.  Social networks are too unreliable since people just summarize information and either leave stuff out or misinterpret some details.

4. lukeuk profile image71
    lukeukposted 6 years ago

No I always just watch the news, I think that its not reliable enough to just hope that someone will talk about a particular topic in the news or on a networking site.

5. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

I use both.  Social media provides almost instant coverage of a news event while newspaper or tv takes longer unless it's breaking news.

6. buyrealmarketing profile image60
    buyrealmarketingposted 6 years ago

Although social media has been used to disperse news, it is not always the most credible source. It's best to always to double check your information with official statements released on newspapers and aired on the news channels. If you choose to use social media to receive news updates, make sure to follow official accounts of news providers.

working