jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Bing beneficial as a search engine for indexing, and crawling URL's?

1. napetv profile image40
    napetvposted 6 years ago

Is Bing beneficial as a search engine for indexing, and crawling URL's?

Do you think Bing as a search engine is worthy of putting any effort into? Any info or opinion would be fantastic.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image73
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

As Google results get more and more cluttered some people have started using MSN/Yahoo because it resembles Google classic of old. I am one of them

3. rumbling profile image49
    rumblingposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on your market. If you are focusing a lot on US traffic then its worth optimizing for Bing. Most search engine optimization techniques are valid across all search engines, so there really isn't a big change you need to do.

4. seo-ready profile image59
    seo-readyposted 6 years ago

It is best to consider and focus on the top three search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo) when you want to get your website indexed by search engines. Although Google has been widely used and has been focused on in terms of indexing.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image97
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

I have noticed my articles are getting indexed on Google, but not on Yahoo.  Yahoo only has 7% of the search market right now.  Bing also doesn't seem to be indexing much of my stuff.  However, I would like to see both of those sites become more popular as I think Google has gotten too big and has started abusing its competitors.