jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is Malware, and how do I get it off my computer?

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What is Malware, and how do I get it off my computer?

2. dallas93444 profile image76
    dallas93444posted 6 years ago

Malware is malicious software installed on your machine, usually without your knowledge. You may be asked to download an anti-virus software that is actually a virus itself. Or you may visit a page that installs software on your computer without even asking. The software is really designed to steal credit card numbers or passwords from your computer, or in some cases, harm your computer. Once the malware is on your computer, it’s not only difficult to remove, but it’s also free to access all the data and files it finds, send that information elsewhere, and generally wreak havoc on your computer.
    All of the commercial security programs such as McAfee, Norton, Trend Micro and the free version of  Microsoft Security Essentials, will remove malware. ADAware is another program that will remove malware...
    Think of your computer as a single person dating: needs protection!

3. klanguedoc profile image91
    klanguedocposted 6 years ago

SpyBot, a free software, is another fantastic solution malware. As dalas93444 wrote, it is software designed to harm your computer and to disrupt your life. It will also try to steal your identify.

4. swami99 profile image44
    swami99posted 6 years ago

Malware is a type of computer virus to get rid of it use a good antivirus. I recommend you to  buy a full version commercial antivirus or for temporary use Advance System care 5 which has inbuilt tool to detect malware and its very good also to maintain your system health

working