This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Does anyone know if Siri will be coming to a Macbook OS soon?

1. ntmarketing profile image59
    ntmarketingposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Siri will be coming to a Macbook OS soon?

2. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

I can almost certainly say no.  The Siri format is designed specifically for handheld use, and will probably not be available on a straight OS device for years, and even then only as an afterthought.  However, given the likability of the Siri program, it is almost a certainty that a voice recognition and response application like Siri will be adapted for Mac OS that will be more directly linked to internet and social media applications.  When?  God only knows, but I'd like to think soon.

3. ntmarketing profile image59
    ntmarketingposted 6 years ago

There have been rumors that i have been reading that they are adapting it to iPad and Macbook for the next OS 10.8 update but I'm looking for a release date.  I don't doubt what you said that they may wait but from Apple's standpoint they aren't gonna wait around for Windows to have a voice control on laptops first.

working