jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you know if your Online Content has been Stolen?

1. Linda Bliss profile image92
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

How do you know if your Online Content has been Stolen?

If you've ever had your online articles or blog posts stolen, how did you find out about it? What can you do to protect your content from being stolen or copied?

2. donnaisabella profile image80
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

I do not know the answer to this question, but like you I have the same question so I would also like to know more. Thanks for asking.

3. awordlover profile image85
    awordloverposted 6 years ago

You can go to this site   ( http://www.duplichecker.com)  and copy paste a few sentences into the text box and it will tell you if the content is duplicate or original.  http://www.duplichecker.com/

But remember, some hubbers know to change some key words and sentence structure (example of their adding: I think this is the best method....) or (In my experience....) so that the duplicate checker above gets thrown off and content comes up as original. 

You can do what I am doing.....although YOU can see the date of your hub being published, the readers cannot.  I date every one of my hubs now. Why?  Because some people are just plain rude - they read mine and they go and paraphrase it and write theirs a day later.  You can "flag" their hub and in option box tell HP why you think it is copied, and see if you can get results that way.

Other hubbers who are more versed in DMCA filings can explain that process to you far better than I. I have had no luck with that avenue. Advice from another hubber told me to make sure I put a COPYSCAPE logo on every hub (DO NOT COPY - THIS WORK IS COPYRIGHT PROTECTED) and I have been doing that.

Before doing that, one of my hubs was stolen almost word for word with very little sentence structure changes, but for a few "I think" and "In my opinion" blurbs thrown in, and that's why it was not a valid complaint for plagarism (duplicate content).

I hope this has been of help to you.  Go through the hub forums and you will see other questions about this topic where many others have replied with excellent suggestions.

4. honeybee2u profile image60
    honeybee2uposted 6 years ago

I know my Online Content has been stolen for articles I submitted at Ezine Articles, especially where the person does not acknowledge the original author of the article.  They replace my bio box with their own affiliate links, do minor re-arrangement of how I set out my article and they have it on their sites as their own. 

I check from time to time to find out on what position my articles on Google are and there I find my articles being copied / stolen by other people.  Their posts are normally some days after my articles are indexed in Google.

I have emailed a few website owners, especially the ones who have replaced my bio box with their links that what they do is wrong and they must acknowledge the author.

It is not a good feeling when you find out your online content has been stolen.

There are other ways you can find out about this.  Thank you awordlover for the information shared here.

5. airgildaviss profile image60
    airgildavissposted 6 years ago

If you don't want your online content to be placed into another website or blog post, you can remove RSS feed, or if your familiar with html or javascript codes, you can customize the html code by adding tag line which disable copy paste on any of your content.

6. DREAM ON profile image82
    DREAM ONposted 6 years ago

I don't know much about computers and now you showed me how and where to search and gave me great tips.Have a wonderful day.