You content may have been stolen!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (64 posts)
  1. Bedbugabscond profile image92
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

I have been spending part of the day sending emails to hubbers whoses content has been stolen. This website has stolen at LEAST 20 hubbers work (After emailing and talking to a lot of people I AM POSITIVE that this site is stealing from hubbers and NOT the other way around, maybe more. Some hubbers have MANY of their articles stolen by this one site. You may or may not have gotten and email from me. The amount of stolen content on this site is insane. So... since I am out of time today PLEASE go search the following site for your work and send a DMCA complaint!!!!!

http://tcmyellowpage.com/

1. KMI Rebel Yell profile image58
      KMI Rebel Yellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The scoundrels!

Okay, here's how it works. You click the link and they attach a bug to you that steals your trafiic. Welcom to Estonia, or wherever else the out of work KGB agents ende up.

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!

Bedbugabscondposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I dont understand what you mean. They have stolen our content and attached a bug??

I have already been on their site a ton looking for my own content and others too, trying to be helpful. How screwed am i?? Do I need to run a virus checker???

Hello?

2. KMI Rebel Yell profile image58

See what I mean?!?! You Ruskies are too slow for the old Colonel, that's for sure!!!

This response was immediate! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

DUDE, this is for real. It is so sad that I am trying to help people and you are accusing me of something. A ton of people have had a recent nose dive. Google did an update that should only effect people with copyright and here we have a website who is ripping us all off

No I am really upset. I am upset enough that someone is stealing content and even more upset that my attempt to be helpful is going to go like this. Thanks a lot.

Don't blame it on me if you are green and gullible.

Dude?

If it is real, Google will handle it! Do not follow the LINK!!!!!

How is google going to handle it if people dont know to file a complaint and now you have me freaking out that this site has bugged my computer. Why are you so mean. Cant you be helpful???

Yeah, right! Bedbug!

Whatever, I have already emailed like 20 people THEY will file their DMCA. People like you ruin it for the rest of us.

2. tammyswallow profile image89
      tammyswallowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great catch! There are many of us who appreciate the notification. Thanks for putting it out there.

2. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 11 years ago

Calm down chaps. No need to bicker.
    Horatio
    x

Who's bickering? Or . . . should I say whoses is bickering? You can hang the bait, but I ain't bitn'. How does that come up in translation?

Chaps? That's something you wear when you are herding cattle in the scrub.

Great God almighty! I knew this was a commie outfit!

http://www.ccsf.edu/Departments/Cinema/images/CommieProp_sm2.gif

1. sharkfacts profile image87
        sharkfactsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't you mean - "who is bickering?"

KMI, I hope you feel ashamed of yourself, picking on a hubber like that! You will feel different when you sober up, no doubt.

I have no idea what you mean, comrade, who's is appropriate English. You need a better program.

Man! They are coming out of the woodwork!

1. sharkfacts profile image87

Aye very good! You changed your post. Still. some of us read what you wrote!

Shark is right! You want to take a bite out of American clicks. Just keep talking.

Are you just trying to get traffic to the hub you just posted about saying goodbye to the forums? You do that, then come here and harass me and commit liable by accusing me of being a spammer. Have you ever thought it was your own actions that get you banned?

Slick. You commies are slick! You know those are all good Americans. What about Brenda Durham? She is a good Christian lady? How did she get banned? Her solid testimony is a threat to your gig!

That word itself is hate speech and can get you a ban. Take responsibility for your actions.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The link is safe.  And people who want to defend their copyrights don't need anyone's permission.

That's what she said. Putting "And" at the beginnng of a sentence is a dead give away as well. Where's the first team? You guys are second stringers!

You need to polish your act.

It is a sad world we live in when someone tries to help others becomes the target of accusations.

You are killing me, comrade.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He's yanking your chain.  As long as you keep responding, he'll keep yanking.

Chain? Like chain mail e-mail?

2. Bedbugabscond profile image92

It is fine, I reported him. I am walking away from my computer now Google will answer my DMCA complaints, and I hope everyone who has been ripped off will do the same. Thanks Psycheskinner, your so right.

You reported  me? We'll find out if HubPages is legit right now!

4. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 11 years ago

Drop it guy. Have a heart. The girl's upset, let it go.
    Horatio
    x

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnUv9JT4NxgY8y0ZlYKq6sqN75cYi7N7aD0BZmRNOsKRFxIE7Szg

lol

I wondered how long it would take you to show up.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
          Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I bet you were!  lol

You won your bet, comrade!  Here you are, to no effect. I don't think anyone clicked your Bic. I was too fast on the draw. Google KMI and you will see why.  cool

I am the little red one aren't I. That sucks. But why should I have to be harassed like this when I am trying to do good?

Yeah right! You sure do have more friends around here than I do. That's okay. I am an american. I can whip a hundred Philistine communists.

Why don't you just sit down and be quiet. Your gig is up. Try a new scam from a different address tomorrow. This one's been tracked.

Please stop with the hate speech. I am an American but it MAKES no difference. You can not go around saying such hateful things. This isn't a scam. I really found a website who is ripping of hundreds of us.

I dont quite know what tracked means. However, if people are too afraid to go to the site, how do they file their DMCA? Truthfully, how would you get around a tracked webpage? Would clearing your cookies and history take care of it?

Let's break down the name. Bed Bug (pest) abscond (run off with your clicks).

Oops! Duplicate content.

Any idiot knows that they don't have to go to the site to file, comrade. Besides, the authorities have already been alerted.

Hello? It's over.

2. sharkfacts profile image87

No you are not the little red one LOL.

You are being harassed by a sock-puppet, and your best bet is to totally ignore it. They soon get fed up and go away smile

Why haven't you left then? cool

What is weird is that someone just brought up something I had forgotten, my fear of sock puppets, lol.

3. Reality Bytes profile image74
          Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are helping the community.  smile  Just keep the goal in sight, ignore the distractions!

Yeah, right. The community that wants to scam Americans out of their clicks. The distractions will be knocking on your door. If you were smart, you would hang up the phone. Too late. You've been traced.

Google "Estonian Hackers" and weep.

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image75
      ThoughtSandwichesposted 11 years ago

...And KMI Rebel Yell has been banned.

1. Horatio Plot profile image74
        Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fried Chicken

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Took long enough.  IMHO it should apply to all his accounts not just a burner troll account.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image92

The link I reported was just addressed by google!!! Yay! I have a couple of others I just found today (same site), but I feel much better now! Google is on top of it. Only took a little over 24 hours to get it taken care of!!

1. cclitgirl profile image92
        cclitgirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting this thread. 
        Okay, so when you do find a site that has stolen content, it's actually best not to give them pageviews.  Instead, file a DMCA complaint and run some of your hubs that you thought you saw on Copyscape.  (It's like a Google website.)  It'll tell you if your content has been copied.  Then, go back to Google and file a DMCA complaint on the exact hub that was copied.  This way, you don't give those snarky sites pageviews and they can't "track" you with malware.
        Also, when you publish a hub, it's a good idea to run it through Google Alerts.  I admit I don't do this enough, but it's worth your time.  That way, you'll get an automatic email alert if someone's copied your hubs. 
        It's VERY kind of you to email people and that's a great courtesy.  Thanks again for posting.  smile

4. Bedbugabscond profile image92

I tried copyscape, but strangely it was not finding them all sad
      I had never though of using google alerts. How would I go about doing that?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)