jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How has the internet affected your life?

1. D Shannahan profile image79
    D Shannahanposted 5 years ago

How has the internet affected your life?

Do you think it has had a positive or negative...on your life?...on your culture...?...on the world?

2. imsercet profile image58
    imsercetposted 5 years ago

For me personally really an indispensable, because the internet is a friend to me, is the silent teacher, a source of entertainment, a huge knowledge base that I had depended for years today. To put it briefly, then, if no internet anymore (for a reason), I see that life is meaningless... smile

3. gcolefam1 profile image70
    gcolefam1posted 5 years ago

I was born in the 50's and so the Internet was something I did not grow up with like many kids today do. We used to think that the T.V. opened our world, then it was satellite T.V. and that did too, but now the world has been exposed for all it's worth with the Internet. This is a good thing and then again it is not. There are many topics and way too much information out there to find, and it is scary that young people are left to their own on them. There should be parameters that can be set for young people so they are not given images that are obscene and things they will not forget. Myself, I love the Internet and have taken college classes on it for a few semester and this would not be possible except for the Internet. You can Google any topic or where to find a certain store and there it is, not like it used to be with a phone book and calling around to find what you are looking for. Our trade and sales have exploded with the Internet and it has been good for the Unites States and for individual business people, so all in all I would say it is a good thing.

4. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 5 years ago

In a very big way because most of the things I do now are online! School, work, family interaction, shopping, reading, ministry....the list is almost endless, Oh God help us. Please.

5. Gemini Fox profile image92
    Gemini Foxposted 5 years ago

The internet has definitely had a positive impact on my life.  It is so much easier to look up information on the internet. Before the internet, if you had to look up directions to a place, you had to have a physical map . . . and if you didn't have that map then you had a problem.  If you wanted to look up a fact, then it was down to the library and the set of encyclopedias that may or may not have been up to date. If you wanted to contact someone, it was either call or write a letter. I can't imagine living without the internet anymore!

working