jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How has internet affected human intelligence?

1. Sayyeda Zonah profile image59
    Sayyeda Zonahposted 3 years ago

How has internet affected human intelligence?

2. Addison Molrower profile image60
    Addison Molrowerposted 3 years ago

I think that it hasn`t affected intelligence in any way (intelligence in scientific definition), but only eased access to information and thus increased general knowledge of the individual and the masses both.

3. m abdullah javed profile image77
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

In a positive way the net has provided a vast canvas to contemplate. Heavy reliance on anything may cause negative effects, so the access use of net may have caused the reduction of short term memory or memory pertaining to petty things.

4. Dressage Husband profile image80
    Dressage Husbandposted 3 years ago

In many ways it has made knowledge accessible to all people that have access to it. This means that many people that never had access to the best information now do. Intelligence is not accurately measurable due to it being largely a matter of opinion and that by definition means it is measured from a defined point of view that of the tester, or the test developer.

When testing someone more intelligent than them the results will not be accurate. The wide spread nature of the web has given all with access the possibility to read better articles, learn languages and music skills. We know that aptitude in all of these in general will increase intelligence. The issue is that much of what is on the internet is not true so a reasonable degree of intelligence is required to avoid the pitfalls.

On balance I believe it is an opportunity opener, which like books an tutors care has to be taken in deciding which parts you are going to trust. This seems to be the crux of the problems Google has in deciding which sites to promote. It is difficult for humans and almost impossible fo robots to get right.

5. Shrikant6989 profile image65
    Shrikant6989posted 3 years ago

Yes.Let me give an  example.Previously you had to remember the roads and directions to distant places or apply some brain(intelligence) as an indivudual.Nowadays we have google maps for that.I hope you got what I meant smile