What do you know about the latest diagnosed phobia regarding cell phones?

1. Golfgal profile image83
    Golfgalposted 6 years ago

What do you know about the latest diagnosed phobia regarding cell phones?

I hear that the latest phobia regarding people who fear not having their cell phones is affecting a large amount of people....what are the details of this disorder?

2. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

This is true. Practically everyone is addicted to cellular. Everyone has one. Or two, or three. There's just no stopping it. They keep making them more and more fun and useful for more than just phones. I think that everyone who reads this should turn theirs off for an hour to see how hooked they really are.

3. Mr Nice profile image80
    Mr Niceposted 6 years ago

I believe you are talking about Nomophobia?
    I don't know other details but this is what I heard and I am sharing with you and everyone else.

Nomophobia is about losing your cellphone. For most, it is easy enough to get another and move on, but for others, losing their phone or not having reception truly is a reason for panic.

Nomophobia is a relatively new phenomena with a study in the UK concluding that 53 percent of cell phone users will suffer from nomophobia. Some people can get by their phobias easily, like with fear of rats, but for those who fear being disconnected more than anything, it could be time to seek professional help.

I hope this answer is helpful to you.smile