jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are people still using the same weak password for all of their internet acco

1. authentication profile image62
    authenticationposted 5 years ago

Why are people still using the same weak password for all of their internet accounts?

With all the problems occurring from weak passwords, why do some people refuse to beef up their internet security through simply making different passwords for important accounts?

2. profile image0
    HubTubposted 5 years ago

Personally, I believe it boils down to pure laziness.  People don't think it will happen to them, until it is too late.

3. timorous profile image85
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Right, it's about laziness, but also not wanting to have too many passwords to remember. I keep a list of about 30 username/passwords, backed up in a spreadsheet file, printing it for safe keeping every once in a while.

4. authentication profile image62
    authenticationposted 5 years ago

I can understand laziness but once it starts creating problems, that surely is more of a pain than using multiple passwords. Guess that is why internet security seams so reactive than proactive right now, laziness until people must absolutely deal with it.

I like the list idea although it seems like were going backwards. Hah.

Maybe I asked the wrong question though... I should have said, why are companies still allowing us to use weak passwords to login to websites with confidential data. It seems like it would save the lazy people and at the same time alleviate some trouble from careful people's lives.

Thanks for the input you two.

working