jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's next after Google, Facebook, YouTube, iPhone, Twitter, Flickr, iPad, Pint

1. rickzimmerman profile image80
    rickzimmermanposted 6 years ago

What's next after Google, Facebook, YouTube, iPhone, Twitter, Flickr, iPad, Pinterest?

Where do you think we are going with handheld technology and social media? Will we all someday have Dick Tracy-style wrist radios?

2. Truefactory profile image60
    Truefactoryposted 6 years ago

I think that someday we doesn't need to have a device separately.all the technologies will be embedded in our bodies.

3. profile image0
    HubTubposted 6 years ago

I have to agree with your Dick Tracy concept.  It seems like social media technology is already geared toward real-time, and I believe this will continue as the projected trend for the future.  With applications such as Skype, FaceTime, Tango, where we can see and hear one another while we "socialize," I believe watches and other smaller technological devices for communicating face to face will most certainly evolve.  It is just a matter of time.

4. rickzimmerman profile image80
    rickzimmermanposted 6 years ago

Hey, Truefactory, how right you are! My daughter is actually conducting engineering research on implantable medical devices that have constant wi-fi feedback to monitoring stations. In that way, a diabetic's insulin level could be controlled remotely, or a heart patient's blood flow adjusted without further surgical intervention.

5. Guy Foxe profile image61
    Guy Foxeposted 5 years ago

Coursera and other online learning sites. That's my latest obsession. (I'd gladly trade one good online learning site for 10 Pinterests or Facebooks--I just don't really care what people "like".  I just want to learn something new.)

working