jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does the ticking of a clock drive you crazy?

1. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Does the ticking of a clock drive you crazy?

It's 4 am. You wake up, and can't get back to sleep. Does the sound of the ticking clock wear on your nerves, and why?

2. Jewelz1313 profile image81
    Jewelz1313posted 5 years ago

I actually find it calming. Nothing like a ticking clock or a fan to put me to sleep.

3. Austin Jose profile image60
    Austin Joseposted 5 years ago

It makes me feel that my life is getting over with those ticking sounds! So i try to listen to something else that makes me feel UP!

4. hoteltravel profile image72
    hoteltravelposted 5 years ago

Ticking of a clock is something similar to heartbeat. It reassures me that life is ticking and all is well. Repetitive soft sounds act well as sleep-inducers - at least for me!

5. Ciel Clark profile image75
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I like my grandmother clock ticking and chiming the hours in our library, but don't want any ticking sounds in the bedroom!

6. Dancilla profile image70
    Dancillaposted 5 years ago

We used to have a clock that use to tick all the time but it also used to play a song every hour.  I got so used to it but my parents wanted to take the batteries out.

7. OCDKids profile image60
    OCDKidsposted 5 years ago

The ticking of a clock, the dangling of keys on a key-chain while driving, someone tapping their pen on the tabletop all make me quite uncomfortable. I find repetitive sounds tend to amplify within my mind and distract me from whatever task is at hand. I would never have a ticking clock in my home, much less in my bedroom. Buy a digital clock and get some sleep!

8. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the answers.
    OCD, it's not in my bedroom. I have a travel one I was using, that sometimes just annoys me.
    Ciel, I love to hear the clocks chime. My ex mother in law had a few that would go off. After awhile, it's just background noise.
    Have a great day everyone.