jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Google earth views of your house--cool or creepy?

1. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

Google earth views of your house--cool or creepy?

I look at our house a couple of times a year on Google Earth and the photo now shows a view from last summer-- I can see the paddling pool on our porch. 
    Part of me thinks this is very interesting and part of me thinks this is just too much information.  What do you think?

2. jonsswagger1978 profile image59
    jonsswagger1978posted 5 years ago

I do not like it, I think that is a little to much.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Hello Ciel. I have a satellite pic at the end of my garden hub titled A Natural Garden for Healing Energy. I put it there because it does a great job of showing the garden, the spiritual circle, and importantly the contrast. In the hub I posted many picutres of the the wildlife that  visits the garden.

What the eye in the sky pic does is show  that is almost downtown in an area swallowed up by businesses, streets, parking lots, and the taco shot next door to me. I know for me it feeds my desire to create my little wildlife preserve. And, it demonstrates it is possible to grow native plants attracting hummingbirds, butterflies and more while sustaining many too in the city.

As far as the too much information part. Having access with Google Earth for me means - hey, it is real and it ain't going away if if is free. As far as the Big Brother part. The bots and spiders in the world wide web scare me more than them eyes in the sky. The operation of them fly by's still have some human element to them. The www bots and stuff are instantaneous. Believe me!

On that subject what do you think about the electronic spy 'fly?' http://www.robotbooks.com/spy-fly-robot.htm shhhhhh one reason I don't have a cell phone is I don't really want someone to have the ability to locate or track me. Maybe a good thing for a car crash or minors,  but what about . . .

4. Karen Hellier profile image94
    Karen Hellierposted 5 years ago

I think it's a little bit of both...cool AND creepy!

working