jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best DSLR camera brand?

1. Greenblood profile image69
    Greenbloodposted 5 years ago

What is the best DSLR camera brand?

I am doing my research to buy DSLR camera. I have narrowed down the brands to Cannon and Nikon. My budget is around 2000 USD for both the body and the lens. I would appreciate if you can suggest me a the better brand from these two (Cannon vs Nikon) and a body and a suitable lense suitable for my budget.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6406437_f260.jpg

2. greatstuff profile image96
    greatstuffposted 5 years ago

I personally like Canon, but Lumix has been coming out with some really great models now. You should check them out. I am not too familiar with the US market, but in my country at US$2000 you can get mid to upper range models. Lens  will depending on type of photography you will be doing. Standard type will be the 35-80/100mm telephotos.

3. aravindb1982 profile image81
    aravindb1982posted 5 years ago

I have been photographing for the last 15 years and for that budget, I feel you can get great cameras from both Canon and Nikon. Personally, I prefer Nikon for it seems to have a better color response and sharper images too! I own a Nikon D-90 and Nikon D-3. For your budget, you should look for the Nikon D-7000.

Hope my advice is not coming too late! smile

Anyway, maybe you can have a look at http://aravindb1982.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … ould-I-buy

It outlines some general guidelines while making a camera purchase. smile

Cheers

1. Greenblood profile image69
      Greenbloodposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes you are right. I already bought a Nikon D 7000 and i am happy with it. Thanks for the comment

2. aravindb1982 profile image81
      aravindb1982posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ok! Happy at that! Just that this question popped up in my profile and it was almost asking me to answer. Am so happy that my 'advice' was proved right by your decision!

working