jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Any Tips On How to Save a Mobile Phone That's Been Dropped in Water?

1. Jangaplanet profile image79
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

Any Tips On How to Save a Mobile Phone That's Been Dropped in Water?

2. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 6 years ago

Take it to a professional, have him take it apart and check every individual part. If it can't be repaired, see if there are any parts that are still functional, maybe you can sell them and recover a part of your loss.

3. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Dry it out in a bag of rice for over three days.

I did mine in 2 days with the toaster oven at 125 degrees on top of some beans.  - But the camera part didn't work again.

4. peoplepower73 profile image93
    peoplepower73posted 6 years ago

If you have a shop vac, reverse it so that it is blowing air instead of sucking air.  Then blow the air through the openings in the phone until it blows our all the moisture.  Don't turn it on for a day and hopefully it will work again.

5. Mattoaks profile image58
    Mattoaksposted 6 years ago

Make sure you turn it off immediately if it isn't already off.  Then put it in a bag of rice, or in a bag with some chalk.  Leave it alone for at least a day.  See if it has been dried out.  Good luck!!

6. Talullah profile image60
    Talullahposted 6 years ago

I second the rice suggestion. Just any old cheap long grain rice, uncooked, will do. Make sure the phone is completely covered with it. The rice will absorb all the moisture.

Good luck!

7. bkgroup profile image49
    bkgroupposted 6 years ago

Check out the awesome thing that allow you to make your mobile cellphone waterproof.
    Lol or awesome decide your self!!
    http://ehowportal.blogspot.in/2011/07/p … ondom.html

8. taw2012 profile image59
    taw2012posted 6 years ago

As you pick out the phone the first thing you have to do is to remove the battery to avoid short circuit. Then keep the cell phone to dry completely or use a dryer and then take to the service person. DO NOT CHARGE IT OR TRY TO SWITCH ON.

9. golfcart34 profile image74
    golfcart34posted 6 years ago

I once dropped my cell phone outside of my house and it ended up raining that evening.  I just left it home and resisted the urge to use it until it dried out (I just let it air dry).

working