jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is HubPages the worst social media in the world?

1. Laustk profile image39
    Laustkposted 5 years ago

Why is HubPages the worst social media in the world?

Joined a couple of days ago. So far I have published 5 and 3 of them have been banned....
    Have any of you tried getting banned as well?
    Here are some of their reasons for banning my hubs: I had a hub on gratis poker tourns, and they told me gambling for money wether it was paid for in advance or not was not allowed? Made a hub about electronical cigarettes? Apparently they don't allow hubs on quit smoking strategies... Last one was a funny video with my little son, and that was too 'Personal'.
    Please answer this question fast before they also ban this one? I'll make a hub about the reasons!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6457142_f260.jpg

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Easy answer, this is not a social media site. Adsense is the reason for a lot of the rules. The site depends on Adsense income so they don't want to displease them. And possible be banned, then no one would earn anything.

The site is also not meant to be a blogging site. They are trying to make this a go to site for those seeking information. A video of your son would best be posted on your  own blog.

There is a list somewhere with prohibited subjects.

3. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

This isn't a social media site.  Hubpages is for writers, not bloggers.  They have a list of things and a huge help section that is pretty good.

4. eric2112 profile image81
    eric2112posted 5 years ago

I've written Hubs on a few topics, one of them being how to quit smoking. None of them to this day have been banned. I  have been here for 3 years.

working