What is the most reliable page view/stats counter?

1. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago

What is the most reliable page view/stats counter?

For example, there are often discrepancies between page views measured on Google Analytics and other stats sources.

2. Tony Flanigan profile image60
    Tony Flaniganposted 5 years ago

Without a doubt the statistics provided by your website host, within your website Control Panel.

Third Party applications, such as Google Analytics, merely "read" the logfile information they are allowed access to.

Terry and I have used several Third Party applications, and in our opinion Statcounter is the best. it provides results consistent with the AwStats which is what our service provider uses.

The reason we use Third Party applications is because: (1) It keeps our clients out of the Control Panel, where they can break things, and (2) because the awStats interface is just a tad difficult to absorb for non-geeks.

Client feedback we have had about StatCounter is very positive.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

I agree with Flanigan, if you own your own website, use your control panel's stats; if you use a third-party platform such as Blogger or some other website that lets you add tracking code, use StatCounter.

On Blogger, you just need to copy and paste the StatCounter code in an HTML/Javascript widget and then you can start traking your traffic by logging in to your StatCounter account.

On Blogger blogs at least, I've found the StatCounter service to be much more useful than Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, or the Blogger Stats page.