jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

The FBI is warning that millions may lose their Internet connection. Are you saf

1. UnnamedHarald profile image97
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

The FBI is warning that millions may lose their Internet connection. Are you safe?

If you are infected, you will lose your Internet connection when the FBI closes down the servers in July. For details, see:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401227,00.asp

To quickly see if you are infected go to:

http://dns-ok.us/

If you see green, you're not infected. If you see red, you'll need to finish reading the pcmag article.

2. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I got green, so I am safe. Umm.. I had not heard a word about this previously. Seems like it would be all over the place. Maybe it is, and I just have missed it, however.

3. UnnamedHarald profile image97
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

Hi, Dale. It's just been the last couple days this has been in the news. That's when I first heard about it. Seems a group of Estonians were behind it.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not sure who may be behind it, however, that memo is sitting on the FBI site, so it appears to be "real" without a doubt.

4. Vegas Elias profile image28
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Just forget it. Most of these warnings are baseless; after all we did not find any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after spending precious dollars and lives of Americans. Just above our shoulders there is some grey matter weighing about 1.5 kilograms which is more powerful than a super computer. Just refer to your common sense and you will find the answers. Big people commit big mistakes so don't ever take the opinions of big organisations or big people so seriously. The same rhetoric was kicked up at the end of 1999 but nothing of consequence happened in 2000. Just relax and enjoy your weekends as before.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

I have already checked earlier today and I had the green background, so my computer is fine.

working