jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is the internet connection to hubpages so slow?

1. wabond profile image78
    wabondposted 3 years ago

Why is the internet connection to hubpages so slow?

I have noticed lately that the connection to hubpages is slow, far slower than when I connect with Facebook or Youtube.  I cannot believe that this is because hubpages gets more traffic than FB or Youtube.  So is Google slowing down  the traffic to Hubpages?

2. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

I was wondering the same thing this morning. Granted I'm not on here too often anymore, but I was wondering if the site needed some WD-40.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

I would say that this is an overload on the server. There have also been many glitches that HP is currently working on to resolve.

4. gposchman profile image83
    gposchmanposted 3 years ago

There are a number of possible answers, but I checked with Alexa and discovered 56% of the websites checked are faster than Hubpages. So why slow:
    It could have to do with your internet provider and your Internet speed.

It could have to do with Traffic on the site its self.

It could have to do with the path that you are routed to the site, remember that the internet is not a huge cloud, but rather a number of transmission points that take you from place to place. It is called the WEB for a reason, look at a spider web and think of your connection as one point where two silk threads meet and the place you are going to as another point. Although you might be next to the point you are going to you might be directed to a point in the opposite direction and you may be passed along a number of points before you get where you are going, a bit like those mazes you did as a child. To all of that the speed of those points could also affect your journey.

Want to see your trip, bring up command line and ping hubpages:
    "ping hubpages.com"
    That will tell you how long it takes to get there.

Tracert will show you the path
    "tracert hubpages.com"

Hope this helps.
    Gene Poschman
    Author of "Jonas Watcher: The Case of the Running Bag"

5. profile image0
    Ganesh prasadposted 3 years ago

Well one of the factors it is slow while writing a hub is because it saves its data on the computer, it works as an applet which will be slow if you don't have a good computer.
    and the second factor is, of course the server.