jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best laptops?

1. PhoenixV profile image71
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

We have an HP laptop that is a little over one year old. We have had no trouble with it, and it runs like a champ  It has the new screen, and is loaded. It runs Windows 7, and we have Cox Internet. We purchased a mouse for it, as we did not like using the keyboard. We also have a desktop HP which is a workhorse. Any problems have been due to the browser IE, so we are using Firefox. I want to install a different browser.

3. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

In my view, the best laptops are the cheapest.  I generally buy a Toshiba, Compaq, or HP.  I can buy a nice usable system for under $400.  In buying at this price, I am able to upgrade about every 18 months.  When I upgrade, I generally sell my old system on EBay where I expect to get around $250.  With this approach, I get a nice modern system that can handle anything other than video games and heavy video editing, and my out of pocket is less than $10 per month.  It is hard to do better than that.

4. sarahdc profile image58
    sarahdcposted 5 years ago

I've used several brands over the years and I must say that it's true: Once you go Mac, you can't go back. Aside from being beautiful, they're really easy to use. Apple thought of the littlest things that make it so much nicer than other laptops. My favorites being:

1) It only takes a few seconds to boot
    2) When you've saved wifi settings, it automatically connects you once you boot without you having to do anything more
    3) The charger is magnetic i.e. if someone accidentally trips on it, it will pull out of the socket safely
    4) The trackpad is extremely easy and fun to use
    5) The screen is SO much nicer than my previous laptops
    6) I love the feel of the keyboard!

5. dj23 profile image56
    dj23posted 5 years ago

well if you are a gamer and a graphic designer, the laptop from alienware is surely the right one for you. it's build for those type of job and fun.