jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How good are Lenovo laptops?

1. badegg profile image78
    badeggposted 4 years ago

How good are Lenovo laptops?

My brother just bought a Lenovo laptop because "they are good". I think he just bought it because it was cheap (like him). I have never heard of Lenovo. Are they any good?

2. Amber Vyn profile image61
    Amber Vynposted 4 years ago

Lenovo is the new name for IBM laptops. I just bought an IdeaPad (ThinkPad under IBM), and I love it. It's far more functional than fancy, and that's exactly what I was looking for. The keyboard is quiet, the screen is beautiful, and the processor is quick. If your brother bought the Lenovo because it was cheap, kudos to him. I think they're the best value around.

3. Isolated Essence profile image61
    Isolated Essenceposted 4 years ago

Lenovo is re-brand of IBM,Its  a good  brand & its battery life is aw sum,i am still using it last 2 years with not a single Disturb,Screen quality is not better then Fujitsu .
    http://modyourmind.blogspot.com/2013/04 … -with.html

4. joanveronica profile image86
    joanveronicaposted 4 years ago

I've never tried one, but I have been in contact with people who tell me that their companies are investing in Lenovo for their employees, and that they are very happy. That's a really good recommendation for me, and I will be buying one as soon as I can afford it.

5. Alphapx profile image69
    Alphapxposted 4 years ago

I am careful of choosing Lenovo product like laptops. I was not buying those laptops 2 years ago since I heard stories that Lenovo Co. sold laptops for a cheaper prize due to bankruptcy. If it is heresy, then, it was not good.

The story is, my friend bought one and now she is still using. Good news I guess but I am not relying to the product. I am just being honest.

6. ZungTran profile image81
    ZungTranposted 4 years ago

I've used a Lenovo 5 years ago - it wasn't the cheapest option at a time (Lenovo Y410), but I've had quite a lot of troubles within 2 years owning it, so did my girlfriend who had almost the same model. There were multiple problems with hard drive, trackpad/keyboard and some constant overheating. I swore not to buy Lenovo again after my screen died - just a couple of weeks after warranty ran out.
    Anyhoo, that's my story using Lenovo. I know that the ThinkPad line is rock solid, continuing their IBM ancestry, but also cost an arm and leg more than the regular line.

Besides, Lenovo is not as unknown as you think. They've put a bunch of money on movie product placements over the years - just watch Transformers 3 and try not be bothered by the Lenovo logos flashing around!

working