jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will Nokia succeed with Windows phones?

1. vinner profile image75
    vinnerposted 5 years ago

Will Nokia succeed with Windows phones?

Windows phones are trying to get a good share of smartphone market, which is already in the hand of Android and iPhone. Nokia after failing with its Symbian OS, now trying to keep their presence with Windows mobile phones. Will Nokia succeed?

2. brajeev profile image79
    brajeevposted 5 years ago

i don't think nokia has any more tricks up their sleeve. first symbian, then s series and now windows. symbian and the s series were a huge disaster. taking over the market with windows phones will be difficult as the market is already ruled by android phones and iphones from samsung and apple.

3. iefox5 profile image59
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Korean electronics giant Samsung has dethroned Finnish major Nokia as the top mobile handset maker with sales of 86.6 million units in 2011, research firm Gartner said in a new report. Nokia loses its innovation and is dying now.

4. Aikonia profile image86
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

The industry hates a oligopoly so it needs a 3rd player in the smartphone arena - be it Windows Phone or something else we don't know. MS and Nokia is pushing hard for WP 8 while RIM and HP tries to re-group - but I fear they are already out of the game as the trains have left the platform long ago. MS and N are getting traction but hey, when #1 and #2 have around 95% of the smartphone market, calling yourself #3, #4, or whatever seems a little pointless...

Will Nokia succeed with Windows Phones? I think it already has succeeded with the most innovative non-Android or non-iOS smartphones out there - whether the consumers will like it enough to buy it will be the question!

working