jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which is the single most important innovation/technology that is the need of the

1. silverstararrow profile image84
    silverstararrowposted 5 years ago

Which is the single most important innovation/technology that is the need of the hour?

What new development by technology does the world need immediately?

2. SimplyComplexLife profile image58
    SimplyComplexLifeposted 5 years ago

Well, if you ask the American teenager, it would be Google Glasses.

I recently saw a wheelchair that actually allows those with cerebral palsy and other paralysis diseases to stand upright or site down , making it easier for those with these disease to live a more normal life. I can't remember the name of it but it is amazing. I think this is needed because it helps improve the lives of those who have a disease that has severely altered their entire lives.

3. Kenny J Butler profile image71
    Kenny J Butlerposted 5 years ago

I think there are three main things the worlds needs:
    Green Technology, Replacement energy and a cure for cancer. Any technology that contributes to these needs fits the answer to this question.

4. Keith Engel profile image77
    Keith Engelposted 5 years ago

I don't think there is any technology that is the need of the hour, I think that is in many ways part of the problem. The world isn't lacking in technology, what the world is lacking is wisdom and that there is of more immediate concern than any technological advancement.

Wisdom defined by Thomas Sowell:
    The capacity to grasp and manipulate complex ideas is enough to define intellect but not enough to encompass intelligence, which involves combining intellect with judgment and care in selecting relevant explanatory factor and in establishing empirical tests of any theory that emerges. Intelligence minus judgment equals intellect. Wisdom is the rarest quality of all--- the ability to combine intellect, knowledge, experience and judgment in a way to produce a coherent understanding.
    ~Thomas Sowell- Intellectuals and Society

working