jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think that privatized space exploration will be able to replace the Space

1. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

Do you think that privatized space exploration will be able to replace the Space Shuttle?

The Space Shuttle will be replaced by privately constructed ships. Space X and other companies are building the next generation of America's space exploration and other vehicles. Will this work?

2. mollymeadows profile image78
    mollymeadowsposted 5 years ago

Technically it may work, Xenonlit,  but to me at least it's a very, very scary idea. They'll end up building a Death Ray, mark my words! Lol!

Xenonlitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I worry about the death ray and hope it takes us out fast and with out lengthy suffering, Molly! ha ha.

3. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

I believe it will, it's no different really then any other industry. It will grow and evolve and in the end the private sector will be able to launch or repair satellites and make supply runs to the space station. which is really the main thing the shuttle did as well.

That's the goal. We have privatization fever and never get the point that the taxpayer is still liable and responsible. It all lowers the government profile for what?

2. profile image0
      Marntzuposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It does have its advantages, multiple companies with different designs will come up with improvements faster then a single government designed and run craft with a service length of 30+ years without a major design change.

4. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

I think it will and am glad to see that the tax payer's money isn't going towards space missions anymore.

The taxpayer is paying for this.

2. harmony155 profile image70
      harmony155posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really? I did not know that- I assumed the private company takes on all financial costs.

working