jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Tablet? Reader? Smart phone? What can I write my book on?

1. Catherine Kane profile image82
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

Tablet? Reader? Smart phone? What can I write my book on?

I'm tech challenged and trying to figure out what tech tool I need. I'd like the smallest item possible that I could carry with me and use to write on. Cost is a factor too.
    Tablet? Reader? Smart Phone? Something else?
    I'm requesting the advice of the tech gifted on line  to help me figure this out

2. nochance profile image94
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

To be honest, get a laptop. One that you can comfortably write on. If you have small hands you could probably get away with using a netbook because those are even cheaper. (I opted for a full keyboard laptop so my hands don't cramp up when I'm doing a lot of writing.)Touch screens are really difficult to type on for large amounts of text. Physical keyboards allow you to type faster.

Another option is to research speech to text applications and you could use one of those. Some of them are supposed to be really good and that would allow you to "write" pretty quick using only a smart phone or a tablet.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I actually wrote a 1000+ word Hub on my windows phone. It took forever, and I kept having to go back and fix spelling errors on account of the touch screen. I don't think I will ever do it again. I'd go with what nochance said, a laptop can be bought at Walmart for less than $300.

4. Catherine Kane profile image82
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

useful info. my little fingers are currently working on a netbook, but I was wondering if there was something even smaller that'd make a practicla carry-along

working