Do you think its worth buying Facebook shares?

1. Wise Words profile image38
    Wise Wordsposted 5 years ago

Do you think its worth buying Facebook shares?

Am really trying to figure whether I should get shares, but got a scare when they drastically dropped the day after the sale was launched.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6744107_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I honestly wouldn't do it. I think Facebook is going to turn out just like Myspace, Xanga and every other social network. They all seem to fail after a new one pops up.

3. Lauryallan profile image79
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

What are you basing your decision to buy the Facebook shares? Have you bought shares before? How long do you intend to hold these shares?

These are the kinds of questions you should answer before deciding to buy any share. Buying a share/stock is really an investment. If you analyze the stock and think it meets your set criteria then buy the share. However, personally Facebook does not look like a good bet. There are many flaws in the the way they earn money and how long will it really last?

Forget that it's Facebook and appraise the company as you should for any type of investment. Have you had a look at their accounts? Can you see how they make their profits and how sustainable those figures are? Think like Warren Buffett and invest in companies that have sound financials that makes sense and you will find it hard to go wrong.

working