jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Would you implant a microchip in your brain if it made you more intelligent or c

1. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Would you implant a microchip in your brain if it made you more intelligent or creative?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6785325_f260.jpg

2. yeagerinvestments profile image87
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

Depends upon the risks and side effects. Probably not worth it to me.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

It would depend upon where in the brain. If we are talking about under the surface near the dura matter, sure. If you mean near the thalmus, no way. Too much of a risk at that point.

4. profile image52
    spajjieposted 5 years ago

Sad day when you can get a chance to "upgrade" yourself. Imagine the segregation between people that have the new Version 2.0 chip versus somebody who has the Version 1.0 chip. I'm SMARTER than YOU!.. Lol... It would be a very sad day smile

1. Anishpat profile image80
      Anishpatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But that happenes even now doesn't it?

5. Mittalmailbox profile image70
    Mittalmailboxposted 5 years ago

Don't think any chip will get faster or smarter than brain so brain might not be upgraded. So there will be not any purpose of using a chip. and if any chip is made i will try it for sure.

6. Mazzy Bolero profile image79
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I believe our emotions often prevent us from using the brainpower and creativity we have possessed all along.  If there was an implant that would fix that problem and enable us to have confidence, self-belief and to turn off all our insecurities and worries, it might produce better results.

7. Dreamlin profile image79
    Dreamlinposted 5 years ago

God creates each of us for unique reasons. Discover our self-value is more practical than a microchip implant. For that reason, I’d rather spend my effort to find out where my strength truly lies.

8. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

I'm very happy with "me" at present and would have no wish or desire to go with electronic aids.

That said, years ago I saw pioneering work with chips in the brain for physically disabled people. Even then the results were amazing so I assume they have secretly progressed much further.

In this area, I think this technology is wonderful and if luck should have it that I find myself in this situation I would turn to this technology without hesitation.

As I think that I am reasonable normal at present I see no need for this,
    MJ.

working