jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is It Safe To Post Pictures Online?

1. Bethaleg profile image67
    Bethalegposted 5 years ago

Is It Safe To Post Pictures Online?

Am I weird? I don't do Facebook or anything that calls for a lot of pictures. I have adorable kids, but don't want their pictures online! Am I just being weird? What, potentially, could someone actually DO with a picture of my kids?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I would say no it is not safe.  Here is a link to a lot of information as to what can happen by posting kids pics online.

http://www.reputation.com/reputationwat … ids-online

Bethalegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your input, LindaSmith1. However, I read the article you linked to and it doesn't really discourage putting photos of your kids online. It really just says to be careful if you do.

3. Silwen profile image80
    Silwenposted 5 years ago

Well, I do not think that you weird or something like that. I use Facebook and other social networks, but I have only 2-3 my personal photos online. These photos are used only as main photos in my profile. Sometime I get tagged in others photos and that is all. I do not put my personal photos online, because I do not like people starring at me. If I had kids, I would never put their photos online. The only photos I share are abstract: beautiful sceneries from trips, various events. I try not to put photos with people online, because I believe it is unsafe.

Bethalegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't like pictures of myself either : ) Is there a reason you believe it is unsafe? With the popularity of such sites as Facebook, it seems like everyone is doing it, without much thought put into it.

4. JustSimple info profile image81
    JustSimple infoposted 5 years ago

I believe it is safe.  People are taking pictures of us everyday.  Have you ever noticed that there are traffic cameras and store cameras, etc.    That is no different to me from posting on FB or Pinterest.  I don't mind sharing a photo or two. I have some pictures of my girls on my HubPages.  The worst that I think can happen is someone PhotoShops my picture, and even with that, if someone wants to take the time to do that, doesn't bother me.  There are millions and millions of photos online, a few more pictures will just add to the Gettys Image Picture database.  You can securely join a place like Shutterlfy to upload your pictures and keep them secure and selectively send out the pictures or allow selected people to view them.  I prefer to upload and share with friends and family on FB, than to send via snail mail.  Sometimes you just have the really cute photo that needs to be shared.  But no you are not weird.  Technology can be fun and dangerous, and photos of adorable kids will get added to the millions of other adorable kids that we all love to view and smile at.

5. unknown spy profile image75
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

No, I dont like to post either, my family photo or mine. I just dont feel safe posting pictures online.